The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.”

–Samuel Johnson


lunes, 7 de febrero de 2011

Right now I'm sitting in VIPS (shout out to Spanish Exchange '07; Abby Robertson, Brynne Burgess, MacKenzie Shivar, Anne Goodwyn) attempting to do research for my thirty minute (wtf) presentation on Spain's healthcare system for Senor Pelaez's class.  I'm currently in the middle of the routine two hour internet break to check Facebook, Twitter, something else I don't care about, and Facebook again.  
 (THROW BACK!  2007 Norfolk Academy Spanish Exchange; Aqueduct, Segovia. Get it, MacKenzie (left). I think this comes from my album entitled "Tengo la Camisa Negra," which is a song still in the Spanish Top Ten - 4 years later.)
My madre is a great cook and has made paella twice already!
 (Andrea is a vegetarian so seafood on the side)
(Fresh fruit everywhere)
- Loving all the American music in the discotecas.  Enjoy this sample of "Club Can't Handle Me," featuring Jackie White and several miscellaneous chicos:


  (Discoteca "Mya," 3 February 2011)
- My madre's adorable grandson (Marcos, age 6) comes over to play Wii all the time (his favorites are Wii tennis and boxing), and he also knows the entire Beyonce "Single Ladies" dance (credits: YouTube).
- You know that crazy feeling when you see someone and do an immediate double take because he/she is literally the CLONE of someone you know (allow this relationship to include celebrities/older boys in which case the recognition would definitely not be mutual)?  Well, it has happened not once or twice, but FOUR times here and each time I am a millisecond away from screaming the person's name before I realize that he is a random Spaniard (or Italian).  Chris Murphy, David Kidd (yes, the Norfolk Academy teacher), Teddy Borenstein, and Ryan Gosling's long lost twins have all made appearances in my Spanish life thus far, and I look forward to seeing what other doppelgangers cross my path.  
 (David Kidd @ 28 yrs.)
Ah, gotta go!  Three really cute boys just walked in and I have to take off my glasses (too nerdy) and consequently can't continue this blog without getting a migraine!  Also, the free WIFI runs out in 4 minutes.
TTYL.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario