The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.”

–Samuel Johnson


domingo, 3 de abril de 2011

Happy April!


First and foremost, I would like to send a big congratulations to Rose Garson Goodman for a job well-done on her 9th grade speech.  The family is equally proud of DJCGGC for getting somewhere before 9 AM!  Mazel tov to both of you.  
This past Tuesday I saw Chicago (the musical) with my madre, her daughter, and her daughter's friend.  Those who know me well know that I LOVE musicals, so this was a very exciting treat.  Though the production was entirely in Spanish, my knowing every single word from the movie's soundtrack helped ensure that I didn't miss a beat.  Velma and Roxy were played by two superb Spanish women and without my glasses on, I thought Catherine Zeta-Jones herself was in the house.
(Teatro Principal)
(Chicago the Musical en castellano.)
Moving on, the weekend promised summer-like weather (70s and sunny), and boy did we take full advantage.  When I say "full advantage" I mean that I have the two most sunburned/sun-poisoned legs that my madre has seen "en todo su vida" (in her whole life).  I hesitate to post this picture because it is horrendous, but I do it to serve as a reminder to all of us overly eager sunbathers who don't think before we act.  Had I just asked myself two easy questions: (1) Is it smart to go to the beach without sunscreen, EVEN if it's only April? and (2) Is seven hours in the sun really necessary on the first day's exposure?  Naturally, I would have answered no to both questions had they crossed my mind, yet now I'm sitting here with a World's Record-worthy sun burn.  For the record, I did put sunscreen on my face, Mom and Dad.
 (Readers be warned.  Like my giraffe slippers?)
Friday night the girls and I hit the town at Rumbo144, a disco where we had VIP passes thanks to Greg's intercambio and her medical school's charity event.  Another classic tale of dancing the night away and gazing at RAFA (the awesome and supermega-guapo bartender we met during Fallas by the Torres de Serrano).
School tomorrow :-(.  London Thursday :-).  Here's to hoping the burn fades by then!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario